This user-friendly textbook Junqueira’s Basic Histology: Text and Atlas, 16th Edition (PDF) and atlas combination is filled with clear explanations, art, and micrographs to elucidate key concepts and facilitate learning. This trusted classic has been considered the hands-down best overview of human tissue structure and function for more than four decades. Accessible yet comprehensive, Junqueira’s Basic Histology 16E provides everything you need to know about cell biology and histology, integrating the material with that of biochemistry, immunology, endocrinology, and physiology; it provides an excellent foundation for subsequent studies in pathology. It covers all tissues, every organ system, organs, bone and cartilage, blood, skin, and more.
Formatted to optimize the learning process, Junqueira’s explains how to study the structures of cells and tissues, the cell cytoplasm and nucleus, and the four basic tissue types and their role in the organ systems. Every chapter includes multiple-choice self-test questions enabling readers to assess their comprehension of important material; some questions utilize clinical vignettes or cases to provide real-world relevance. Mescher’s Junqueiras Basic Histology, 16th Edition, is written specifically for all students of medicine and other health-related professions and advanced undergraduate courses in tissue biology—and there is nothing else like it.
- inks to Junqueira micrographs
- Self-test questions in every chapter
- Clinical correlations presented with each topic
- A valuable appendix explains light microscopy stains
- Key points and summary tables highlight key content
- Illustrations depict critical aspects of cell biology and histology
- Electron and light micrographs deliver a definitive atlas of cell, tissue, and organ structures
- Lab manual alerts readers to see what they are reading about in real-life patients; enhanced lab manual available online
NOTE: This product only includes the textbook Junqueira’s Basic Histology: Text and Atlas, 16th Edition, in PDF. No access codes are included.