This leading textbook will give you the knowledge and skills you need to succeed in medical-surgical nursing! Lewis’s Medical-Surgical Nursing, 12th Edition, (PDF) uses a conversational writing style, a focus on nursing concepts and clinical trends, evidence-based content, and basic pathophysiology review to provide the solid foundation needed in a rapidly changing healthcare environment. Comprehensive chapters cover nursing management and collaboration, health promotion, acute interventions, and ambulatory care. Summary tables and boxes make it easy to find essential information, and a building-block approach makes even the most complex concepts simple to grasp. In addition to three new chapters, this edition includes a stronger focus on the nursing process, clinical judgment, and preparation for the Next-Generation NCLEX® Examination. This is a single volume, complete ebook.
- Content written and reviewed by leading experts in the field ensures that information is comprehensive, current, and clinically accurate.
- Inter professional care is addressed in special Interprofessional Care sections and Inter professional Care tables.
- Bridge to the NCLEX® Examination review questions reinforce key content and include both standard and alternate item format questions to help you prepare for the NCLEX exam.
- Coverage of cultural and ethnic health disparities highlights important issues such as risk factors, economic aspects, and access to health care.
- The gerontology and chronic illness coverage is addressed in a separate chapter and highlighted in special gerontologic tables.
- Pathophysiology maps use flowcharts to outline complex disease-related concepts, making them easier to understand.
- Focused Assessment boxes provide brief checklists for a practical “assessment on the run” or bedside approach to assessment. They can be used to evaluate the status of previously identified health problems and monitor for signs of new problems.
- Safety Alert boxes highlight patient safety issues and focus on the National Patient Safety Goals.
- Nutritional Therapy tables summarize nutritional interventions and strategies for promoting healthy lifestyles.
- Promoting Population Health boxes summarize healthcare goals related to specific disorders such as cancer and diabetes and identify strategies for health promotion.
- Drug Therapy tables and Drug Alerts highlight important safety considerations for key drugs.
- Check Your Practice boxes challenge you to think critically, analyze patient assessment data, and implement appropriate interventions.
- Coverage of genetics includes a separate chapter on genetics, Genetics in Clinical Practice boxes covering disorders and genetic testing, risk alerts, and links to disorders.
- Focus on patient and caregiver teaching shows how you can help patients and caregivers learn to manage chronic illnesses and conditions.
- Ethical / Legal Dilemmas boxes introduce key topics such as informed consent, advance directives, and confidentiality.
MED SURG NRSG SV NNA 12E – 978-0323825184, 978-0323789615, 978-0323792363, 978-0323792370, 978-0323792325, 978-0323792424, 978-0323716529
NOTE: This sale only includes the ebook Lewis’s Medical-Surgical Nursing: Assessment and Management of Clinical Problems (12th Edition) in PDF. No access codes are included.