Living with the Earth is a groundbreaking and innovative ebook now in its fourth edition. The first edition won the CHOICE award for outstanding Academic Book while editions two and three became bestsellers on their own right. This updated Living with the Earth, 4th Edition (PDF) is packed with new updates on current world events associated with environmental issues and related health concerns. The author maintains traditional concepts and merges them with new and controversial issues. The ebook has been revised to include up-to-date topics with and a revised Web site with updated links.
- Coverage of emergency preparedness for environmental health practitioners
- Numerous technical illustrations, charts, graphs, and photographs are included
- The growing problems of asthma and other health effects associated with air pollution.
- Human behaviors and pollution are presented along concerning their roles in cancer risk.
- The use of HACCP in assuring food quality, food safety issues, and the Food Quality Protection Act are discussed.
- An exploration of the mechanisms of toxicity with special reference to the immune system and endocrine disruption.
- The mechanisms of environmental disease, emphasizing genetic disease and its role in developmental disorders and cancer.
- The ever-increasing issues surrounding emerging and re-emerging diseases the earth and the introduction of an increasing number of emerging diseases.
- The ongoing issues of creating and disposing of hazardous waste and the controversies surrounding disposal are presented. The issues and benefits of recycling are explored.
- Discussion of population dynamics, especially about overpopulation and underpopulation around the world and their respective influences on social, economic, and environmental concerns.
What on the Web (not included in this sale):
- Test bank and study questions give a complete review of the concepts covered.
- Downloadable and printable test questions and answers for each chapter are available to instructors
- Subject-specific links by chapter as well as Federal, state, and organization sites with relevant information
- Search tools for online journals and databases covering useful, up-to-date information in health and environmental topics
- Downloadable PowerPoint files for each Chapter provide the instructor with ready-made presentation materials that can be modified as needed.
978-1138590564, 978-0429627729, 978-0429031809
NOTE: This sale only includes the ebook Living with the Earth: Concepts in Environmental Health Science 4th Edition in PDF. No access codes are included.