Gain a solid foundation in nursing leadership and management skills! Using real-world examples, Leading and Managing in Nursing, 8th Edition, (PDF) helps you learn to provide caring, compassionate, and professional nursing leadership. Topics range from core concepts to knowing yourself, knowing the organization, communication, and conflict, managing stress, delegating, staffing and scheduling, and managing costs and budgets. New to this edition are Next Generation NCLEX® exam-style case studies, three new chapters, and updated guidelines to evidence-based practice. Written by a team of nursing educators and practitioners led by Patricia S. Yoder-Wise and Susan Sportsman, this ebook combines theory, research, and practical application to help you succeed in an ever-changing healthcare environment. In the Eighth Edition:
- Exercises help you apply concepts to the workplace and learn clinical reasoning.
- Full-color photos help to convey key concepts of nursing leadership and management.
- The Evidence sections summarize relevant concepts and research from the scientific literature.
- Theory boxes highlight and summarize pertinent theoretical concepts related to chapter content.
- Reflections sections provide the opportunity to consider situations that may be encountered in practice.
- Tips for Leading, Managing, and Following offer practical guidelines to applying the information in each chapter.
- UPDATED! Reorganized chapters make learning easier, and many are updated with new evidence-based content, translating research into practice.
- UNIQUE! The Solution closes each chapter with an effective method to handle the real-life situation presented in The Challenge, demonstrating the ins and outs of problem-solving in practice.
- UNIQUE! The Challenge opens each chapter with a real-world scenario in which practicing nurse leaders/managers offer personal stories, encouraging you to think about how you would handle the situation.
- NEW Artificial Intelligence chapter covers the significant changes to nursing care due to the increasing use of AI in the practice setting.
- NEW Healthy Workplaces: Healthy Workforce chapter includes new content on the prevalence of suicide and promoting the healthy self.
- NEW! Next Generation NCLEX® case studies are included in select chapters to familiarize you with these new testing items for the NGN exam.
- NEW Justice in Healthcare chapter focuses on the importance of diversity, equity, inclusion, belonging, and cultural considerations for patients and staff.
- NEW! AACN Essentials Core Competencies for Nursing Education are included in each chapter, outlining the necessary curriculum content and expected competencies of graduates.
978-0323792066, 978-0323792073, 978-0323829687, 978-0323793131, 978-0323716475
NOTE: This sale only includes the ebook Leading and Managing in Nursing 8th Edition in PDF. No access codes are included.